It’s the stuff of sitcoms, the incompetent boss, and this article from the Harvard Business Review not only gives examples but also offers practical suggestions on how to deal with it. In particular it advises:
● Have empathy, as your boss may be under pressure
● Try not to let the situation affect your health
● Look to the broader good of the organisation.
It advises against:
● Telling your boss that they are incompetent
● Going above their head to senior management
● Putting up with it when you should be leaving the organisation.
It’s a long article but worth reading in full if you or someone you know is affected by this difficult situation. This is the link http://blogs.hbr.org/hmu/2011/06/dealing-with-your-incompetent.html?referral=00563&cm_mmc=email-_-newsletter-_-daily_alert-_-alert_date&utm_source=newsletter_daily_alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=alert_date